Here are some of the things I am thankful for:
-I am a Christian and the Christian people in my life.
-my gift of music
-kindness of others
-family, and friends who like like family (they know who they are)
1 Thessalonians 5:18 says “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:4 says “Rejoice in the Lord Always.”
As Christians it is possible to be thankful every day of the year, other then just when thanksgiving is marked on the calendar.
We are called to be thankful in every season. We will always have many reasons to be grateful to God. We can rejoice and be thankful at all times. We are called to praise Him during the calm season of our lives, and during the seasons of storms.
Whether everything is calm or whether you’re going through a storm. There’s always something to be thankful for.
Trusting God enables us to remain hopeful, joyful, and thankful no matter what we are going through.
Genesis 50:20 says “But as for you, you meant it for evil against me; but God meant it for good”
So when life is going exactly the way you want it to, praise God. When life seems to be completely falling apart, even though it will be hard, still praise Him.
Here are 10 things as Christian we can be thankful for 365 days a year.
1. Our salvation and everlasting life in heaven! (John 3:16)
2. The forgiveness of our ALL our sins! (Psalm 103:12)
3. God’s unconditional love for us! (Romans 8:38-39)
4. God’s promises being yes and amen! (2 Corinthians 1:20)
5. Radical deliverance from addictions and freedom from bondage! (John 8:36)
6. The loved ones God has blessed us with! (Psalm 68:6)
7. The places we are able to call our homes and being supplied all that we need! (Philippians 4:19)
8. The fact that we were chosen by God before the foundations of the world! (John 15:16)
9. God’s presence, direct access, protection and faithfulness to answer our prayers. (Hebrews 4:6)
10. God’s comfort, perfect peace, Holy Spirit, Son Jesus Christ and unchanging, infallible Word! (John 1:1)
I encourage you to make these next 12 months at time of thanksgiving, not only today. Let’s be people that seek the Lord, and run the race God has for us with endurance until we cross the finish line.